We recently surveyed public health leaders at the NACCHO360 conference about data modernization to see where health departments are in their journey and what challenges are impeding their progress.
Here are 5 findings from the survey:
- 61% of respondents said that their top data modernization headache was finding the right tools to analyze, visualize and share data.
- 59% of respondents said that data governance or the timeliness of data were their top challenges in a competitive tie for second place.
- 34% of respondents haven’t started working on their data modernization initiatives (DMI) but would like to soon.
- 28% of respondents are working through data governance issues related to DMI.
- 10% of respondents said that data modernization isn’t on their radars right now.
Where do you stand?
We’re extending our survey for another 2 weeks so we can hear from even more public health leaders about data modernization initiatives. Take 2 minutes to answer the short survey now. We’ll be sharing updated results with more detail soon!